Help with mushroom circles

Started by Alex Solis, January 26, 2012 · 1 Replies · 1,734 Views

Alex Solis

Hi everyone,

I already posted this on another topic but no one would reply so here's the repost: :lol:

Hahaha it took me like two months to remember and tape this... but here it is... finallY!! Hope someone sees this and criticize! :roll:

Hope this helps... if you need another video, just let me know, pls!!

-Alex

Blairbob

I guess I didn't see that post on Monday.

Ok, I'm having a bit of trouble with youtube but I think I have a fair enough idea what needs to be worked on. I could probably download the video off youtube and convert it to mp4 to do frame by frame. FLV just seems to not be so great for video analysis but this computer is also ancient.

First of all the placement of your right hand is all over the place but generally in the front of the mushroom. This needs to be fixed first.

I also prefer the hand placement to have the fingers out to the side and not forward. I've seen successful basic circles with the fingers forward by beginners, though.

Elbows are slightly bending

Upon your body swinging past your right hand and placing it again on the mushroom, there isn't enough lean angle on the right hand.

Hips also need to be counter rotated. As you circle counter clockwise, you have to your hips clockwise so your belly button faces to your right from your starting position.

As you start your circle you need to lead it with your left hip and upon placement of the right hand down again, you need to have your right hip pulling you back around with your heels pulling the movement as well (think of being of your body being in a tight arch).

Good luck! :wink: Don't try to tackle each point at the same time.

1. Hand placement and lean on hands.

2. Counter rotated hips. Either do these as circle walks an inch at a time around the mushroom or in a bucket.

I like breaking the circle up into 1/3rds but seem people will break it up into 1/4s or I could even break it up into 8ths. Way too long winded for young guys.

Basically the 1st third is from start to swinging where the body bumps into the first hand (or bumps it off).

2nd is from that lift and replacement of the first hand and swinging past and replacing the 2nd.

Third is getting past the start position of the first circle into the second circle.