interesting pain thoughts?

Started by PattonBurgess, January 25, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,933 Views

PattonBurgess

So since really all of you are into straight arm stuff, I thought I would broach this here.

When my right elbow is locked out, no pain. However when I bend my wrist bringing my hand towards my elbow(like how your hands are on the floor when holding a planche) There is a discomfort. It hurts, but not enough to stop the exercise. When I bend my wrist in towards my forearm, no pain.

Anyone else experience this? I dont think its tendonitis, could be golfers/tennis elbow but again Im not sure how to self diagnose, and my main doctor doesnt deal with athletes so he automatically thinks any pain can be cured by ibuprofen.....

Appreciate any and all responses.

Blairbob

Simply work on wrist flexibility.

Andrew Komarnyckyj

May I take the liberty of posting one exception to the warning not to work through pain?

There is a phenomenon of warm-up pain often encountered when coming back from injury. You begin an exercise and experience a twinge of injury pain. As you get warmed up, this pain goes away.

It is ok to work through warm-up pain. Indeed, it may even be incumbent on the athlete to work through warm-up pain. It is probably part and parcel of the healing process. Obviously if the pain doesn't go away or gets worse, that's your cue to stop!

Final words: you have to learn to listen to your body. I don't know how many times I've failed to do that and paid the price.