This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Getitdone's Work-out Log

Started by getitdone, January 23, 2012 · 16 Replies · 1,103 Views

getitdone

Hey GB community. Where do I begin ? I own and have read the Gymnastic Bodies book and I have been doing the Wod's for about three weeks now. I have used Ross Enemait's Book Never Gymless as my primary training plan previously. I love Ross's stuff and I may continue to use his programing mixed with BTGB. Previous to that i did Crossfit for about three years, I know some people swear by Crossfit, but I find the programing to be way too random and I got a lower back injury from one of their workouts that mixed heavy dead-lifts for reps mixed with sprints (of course I take responsibility for Dling without proper form, but guess what when your doing heavy lifts for reps and time, that's going to happen). I know Crossfit is a religion to some people, so if you like it great do it, but it doesn't suit my training goals.

I think this forum and the book are amazing I've learned so much and I've just started.

I'm 31, 5'7 175 pounds , I have a belly that I put on during the Christmas season and I'm a grown man so I like to drink and that doesn't help with body fat :lol:

I can do 4-5 bar muscle-ups in a row. but only if the handles are separated and about shoulder width ( not sure why but on a straight bar I can only do 1-2 in a row) not sure if I explained that right. However I can only do about 1 muscle-up on the rings after the first one in a work-out that's usually all I can do with exceptions if I rest up. This is weird because back in my cross-fit days I used to be able to string together 3 ring muscle-ups in a row( of course they weren't slow temp MU's but they where legit) back then though I couldn't do one bar MU, so go figure?

I can do almost full range HSPU's on High-push up bars or on top of dumbbells, but on the rings with my feet wrapped around the straps I can only press partially up. I can do about the second level on all the FSP's. I haven't Dead lifted, benched, or squatted in about a year so I don't see the point in putting my numbers, but my bench was about 205 for a few reps, I could Deadlift 300 and squat 225 with good form and clean and jerk 160, I'm sure my numbers have dropped off.

Right now I'm doing the WOD following a week or two behind. Today's Work-out : WOD - 111230

Perform:

1x10 Wrist Pushups

2x10 Cast Wall Walks : I did 15 CWW all broken up except for the first five

2x5 Pike Box Press HS

2x10 Straddle Box Press HS : I did a combination of press HS from pike,straddle and from just leaning forward and pressing up from bent knees to start all FBE's done with my hands on high push up bars. Note I can not hold the handstand at the top yet I can only press to it, so I actually did all the FBE's in front of my bed in my apt which is on the floor so I could fall on the bed (back first) after each rep. When I'm at the gym I hang the rings low, and do a l-sit to press so the rings can catch my legs once I press into a handstand. I'm open to any suggestions or subs. Also it's weird that I can only press to a HS with my hands elevated not on the floor.

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs : No way , I did 30 secs of HS wall runs and I had nothing left.

Finish with 1x10 Wrist Pushups ( no prob here)

getitdone

today's WO:WOD - 120102

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 Paralete HSPU's againt wall, got the first rep then partials

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 XR PMP Plus: good rom psedo planche push-ups feet against wall, hands beind shoulders close to hips

getitdone

Two days ago 150 pushups and squats broke down 50-40-30-20-10 as quick as possible.

today WOD - 120103

3 sets of; MU: I did 4 ring pullups and 4 Russian dips on rings (since I can still only do bar muscle-ups), 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand:I can do the forward roll but not the MU, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang (this movement is getting better and more controlled), 2 slow Negative Front Pulls: sloppy and broken up my wrists where fatigued from the series, 2 slow Negative Back Pulls : "same"

I didn't have time for the FSP's after the WOD today.

getitdone

WOD - 120105

Postby Coach Sommer on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:44 am

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo FL Pulls : tuck BL, fl pull with one leg extended and one knee in

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Chest Roll to HeS :subbed dip to advanced tick planches

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo L-sit Lifts: advanced tuck fl, L-sit lifts partial range

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

getitdone

WOD - 120106

by Coach Sommer on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:34 am

Complete four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls (done with advanced tuck i think)

5 – Wide Grip L-pullups : minus the L just wide grip pul-ups

2 – Back Pulls

10 – FL Pulls ;first round pulls where done to fl, subsequent rounds where fl tuck)

2 – Back Pulls

15’ Cirque : did 5 towel pullup the first round and 2-4 every other round. Wow I have to work on my grip strength, I think i will be doing towel pull-ups at least twice a week.

getitdone

Today I banged out two WOD's since I want to catch up with the pack :D

first I did 4X15 secs of a giant set of FSP's Pl advanced tuck,Back lever advanced tuck, front lever one leg straight one knee in

WOD - 120109

Postby Coach Sommer on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:12 am

Perform the following:

3x5 GHR : I did these using a lat pull-down machine, I faced it backwards with my heels under where you would usually put your knees for lat-pull-downs, partial range descend, then ascend

3x10 Weighted SLS : i subbed lunes with two 40# DB's

3x5 HeS RLL : I subbed back pulls, is this a good sub?

WOD - 120110

Postby Coach Sommer on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:48 am

Perform:

1x10 Wrist Pushups

2x10 Cast Wall Walks

2x5 Pike Box Press HS : I subbed L-sit to HS bent arm press on dip bars

2x10 Straddle Box Press HS: same reps where broken and hard at this point, this one was a grinder

Walking HSPU Ladders: I was spent at this point I could barley do five HSPU's against the wall (and I can do almost full range HSPU's of para-lets, push-ups bars etc.

Finish with 1x10 Wrist Pushups

getitdone

done yesterday:

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo XR Bulgarian Dip (broken after 3 reps to singles on all three sets)

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo Half Neg Rev MU (getting better and more controlled on these, all sets broken singles for reps

1 Embedded FL + 6 Tempo Under-grip HLL (core hasn't gotten weak after layoff, over grip broken for reps

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

getitdone

Yesterday I did a variation on a ross enemait circuit from never Gymless

10 rds of

30 bw squats

10 high pulls on resistance band in wide stance

30 pushups

I did 6 rds of this.

Today's WO

WOD - 120117

Complete four rounds:

4 rds of 15 sec fsp, tuck pl.fl advanced tuck,bl tuck

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

7 Wall PL Pushups

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 Korean Dips ( subbed rings dips)

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 HSPU (did this on dip bars with my heels against the top of the pull-up tower I got into this postion by doing a bent arm press to bent arm hs on the top of the bars, then partial range press to straight arm).

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

getitdone

Combined WOD Leg and HS pressWOD

Today I banged out two WOD's since I want to catch up with the pack :D

first I did 4X15 secs of a giant set of FSP's Pl advanced tuck,Back lever advanced tuck, front lever one leg straight one knee in

WOD - 120109

Perform the following:

3x5 GHR : I did these using a lat pull-down machine, I faced it backwards with my heels under where you would usually put your knees for lat-pull-downs, partial range descend, then ascend

3x10 Weighted OH Lunges : i subbed lunges with two 50# DB's

3x5 side lever pull jumps into 1-2 second tuck hold, ugly but getting better

then this deload week workout

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS : I subbed L-sit to HS bent arm press on rings hanging low

1X10 Straddle Box Press HS: same

did not do hs on the xr rings, I don't know how to kick up into the postion yet. I imagine I can, I'm just not comfortable doing it yet.

Finish with 1x10 Wrist Pushups

getitdone

Yesterday I did:WOD - 120123

Postby Coach Sommer on Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:53 am

Complete four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

10 – Naners (subbed front lever pulls)

2 – Front Pulls

5 – Tuck FL Rows

2 – Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque ( subbed pull-ups but could barley get any at the end of this set).

getitdone

didn't post these yet

WOD - 120124

Postby Coach Sommer on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:50 am

Complete the following:

3 sets of: 2 L-sit MU ( arrrgh even though I pulled of a muscle up last week when I was messing around the rings I couldn't get any, so I subbed ring pullups for all sets about 4-5 usually in parallel grip) , press to shoulder stand, forward roll to shoulder stand, 2 XR HSPU (very partial ROM could not press o locked arm straight out), lower down to support, 2 Bulgarian dips, roll backward to BL, FL

skipped the FSP's at the end my wrists where spent.

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions. These felt great.

Yesterday 2 mile run to warm up at 9 minute mile pace.

WOD - 120126

Postby Coach Sommer on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:03 am

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 6 Tempo Assisted OAC (3 each arm) ( had two fingers on other end of pull-up bar to assist)

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo XR Strap Bulgarian HSPU (did HSPU's on dip handles with my feet against the pull-up bar at the top of the pull-up/dip tower) almost got full lock-out on these i'm getting there.

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Front Pulls (started each set in partial FL with one knee brought in to chest and one leg straight, then, as form deteriorated went to tuck f. lever pulls still using tempo)

finished every round with one arm, one leg pushups with the non-working hand assisting on the ground or of a box. Got the idea to start incorporating one arm one leg push-ups and working towards actually having them with no help from the non- working hand from reading Slizzard Man's posts.

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks: these felt sooo good.

getitdone

past workout I haven't posted:

FSP's mixed with 10 alternating pistols and some core work .Slizzard man pull-up routine ten sets of 5 reps of parrallel grip pull-ups,yewkis, front lever pulls, front lever circles mixed in with 3 rings dips on each 30 sec rest. I liked this a lot, the different GB pull-ups felt great for my shoulders and I want to build volume on my ring dips.

today WOD - 120131

FSP's Advanced tuck planche on dips bars, what felt like a real b lever on the dips bars, and advanced tuck fl. done in 4 sets of 15 secs, with 3 sets of L-sit to partial L-sit lift, 10-15 windshield wipers, 5 back pulls on dip bars.

Perform:

1x10 Wrist Pushups

2x10 Cast Wall Walks : broken up to sets of five felt so good for my shoulders but not east at all.

2x5 Pike Box Press HS : L-sit to bent arm press on top of two dumbbells with the wall to catch my legs once I was in a bent arm handstand

2x10 Straddle Box Press HS: " " As the sets and reps wore me down, I did more of a simple lean and head down into bent arm hs press.

10 minutes of HS Wall Runs: yeah I was spent, so I did 90 reps of HS wall runs broken in sets of thirty that each probably took a minute or less and I was done.

Finish with 1x10 Wrist Pushups

getitdone

done today at home,

Ido's shoulder warm- up routines

slizzrard pullups routine 10 sets of 5 varied pullups

WOD - 120102

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 XR Strap HSPU : subbed HSPU on palettes I got full rom on all reps !!!! but I can go even deeper, maybe then I will be able to got a full press lockout on the rings with my legs wrapped around the straps

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 HSPU;s untill my head reached mat

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 pike box hspu's

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

getitdone

On Tuesday I did :

WOD - 120207

Postby Coach Sommer on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:53 am

FSP's to start then

Complete four rounds:

2 – Back Pulls

I sibbed rings dips averaged 6 per set, first round got 9

2 – Back Pulls

9 – Tuck FL Rows

2 – Back Pulls

7 – XR FL Pulls : advanced tuck pulls

getitdone

had an awsome workout today

I did FSP warm up plus IDO's shoulder warm up after every round of 15 sec FSP holds I did 1 set of 4 cleans with 145 pounds.

Then I did

10 reps off forward band sprints, 10 reps of backward band sprints

SLS alternating 10 reps holding a 45 pound plate

partial ROM GHR

worked in a set of ring dips averaged 10 per set and ring pull-ups averaged 5 per set, 4 sets total of all

getitdone

Yesterday I did clean and jerk 4X3 with a 70 pound db one armed on each side, my fsp's and then worked weighted pull-ups and one arm pull-up progressions, also did 4x5 one arm one leg pushup with the other arm spotting.

3 sets of: Basic Ring Strength 3

MU got one each set yeahhh, to support, forward roll ( can't get the false grip for MU here going yet) then just got into support, l-sit to shoulder stand, down slowly into support, drop into invert hang, back lever (adv tuck) into German hang to 360 pull.

Mixed in 4-5 Bulgarian dips at the end of each round.

This is huge today I hung the rings low, pressed into a bent arm hs from a straddle and then I HSPU'd all the way into a straight arm HS with my legs wrapped around the straps!!! So I got my first hspu on the rings with my legs wrapped around the straps and I did it two more times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Plus the HS with full straight arm lockout on the rings felt awesome. I'm stoked I thought it would take a lot longer for me to be able to do this.

getitdone

Reboot: I'm changing things up and mixing up Ross Enemait's Never Gym-less Routine layout with GB work.

So here's the plan:

Monday: Upper Body Max strength

Tuesday: Core+Legs

Wednesday: Dynamic Full body, or high rep endurance or both

Thursday:Legs and Core or GB WOD as long as it's not a Max strength WOD since I'll already be doing that on M and Friday.

Friday: Upper Body Max Strength

Sat:GB WOD just not max strength based .

ok so Monday I did:

FSP's for 4X 15 secs with 4X3 Clean and jerk or press with a 75# DB

Then I did : A1) OAP progressions 4x3

A2) HESPU on rings with feet wrapped around straps 4x3

B1) one arm one leg pushups with non working arm to spot.

B2) Front lever pull-up in advanced tuck with one leg out 4X5

C1)Bulgarian dips 4X5

C2) Reverse yukis curl 4X5.

Tuesday: Pistols and GHR progressions 4X5 and L-sit, L sit lifts and rotational and lower back work.

Today : FSP's then, 4x8 dip swing 5x9 pull-ups varied, 4X15 jump squats, 4X15 side to side , jumps over db. 4X20 calf jumps off toes with knees locked.

By the way I post these workouts for my own records to keep track but also because I like to get advice from the community. So if you've read any of my WOD log and you want to comment, post advice or ask a question please do.