On line Oly lifting sources (please recomend me some)

Started by Alvaro, January 22, 2012 · 7 Replies · 2,357 Views

Alvaro

A friend of Mine (Alfredo one of the Spanish coaches, for those who came to the Mallorca seminar) is preparing the physical tests for firefighter. Here in Spain firefighter test are quite hard and one of the events is the clean and jerk. Unfortunately here in Mallorca there isn´t any Oly lifting club at all! :shock: . So he needs some sources of reliable information (As our gymnastic bodies but for weightlifting), not the ideal situation but right now he is training without any technical knowledge whatsoever :? .

Any recommendations? forums, you tube chanels or blogs, any of them would be great. Thank you!

Alvaro

Yep I completely agree, in fact the first thing we checked was for ANY club or gym here in Mallorca training Oly lifting. But unfortunately there is none... So he is left with whatever he can scratch from other sources. At least he is gymnastics coach and he keeps himself in good form.

Thank you very much for those links. It is very easy to google some sites but you must spend some days reading (At least me due to my lack of previous knowledge) to see if the place is solid.

Coach Sommer

My recommendation is to contact GB forum moderator Jeff @ Trident A and to follow his advice. Jeff is excellent and the Olympic Lifting coach that I chose to introduce my own athletes to Olympic Lifting.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Matt Wichlinski

here is a brief video I made a while ago about clean progressions. it does not address any programming, only the series of exercises I teach my athletes in learning to clean. if you have questions, I can help.

http://vimeo.com/31332517

Nic Scheelings

Check out the california strength website

http://californiastrength.com/ they have some nice progression videos. Averagebroz are gonna bring out some stuff soon as well.

Alvaro

Thank you Coach I´ll see how Alfredo goes with this material and will contact Jeff for further advice.

Demus thank you for that link, I´ll check averagebroz as well. Matt that video is awesome! (highly recomended!) I already subscribed to your chanel, thanks! (also for the help offer).

Blairbob

Google Dan John or Glenn Pendlay. Glenn is fairly accessible on Facebook.

There is also a HUGE amount of material regarding OlympicLifting on CrossFit.com's video page. I am not talking about WOD's with the OlympicLifts but rather material with Coach Burgener.

Alvaro

Thanks Bob! I'll pass it to my friend too. Right now I have no time, but really thinking about giving Oly lifting a shot one of this days! :D