losing strength

Started by Alessandro Mainente, January 21, 2012 · 4 Replies · 17,036 Views

Alessandro Mainente

hi guys, mm the title of the post says everything..

i'm talking about my situation...i decided to stop for a period of time (now is a month and a week) with planche and handstand training on the floor or pbars for a wrist problem and i try handstand on the rings...my wrist is better than before but i prefer to heal at 100%

so how much time must pass before i start to lose strength in planche?

because i don't know how much time i have to stop with it...and i notice that if i don't train planche is one of the first skill ewich i lose...

thanks for your time

Blairbob

2-3 weeks, fortunately it will come back after you restart. A fair estimate of time to get back to par would be twice that.

Alessandro Mainente
Blairbob said:
2-3 weeks, fortunately it will come back after you restart. A fair estimate of time to get back to par would be twice that.

thanks fot that....damn...i suppose i'll lose it...no problem, i'l restart!!!

Banzas

Maybe you'll lose some strength but you can avoid losing too much.

Keep doing core exercises and maybe try this exercise: http://gymnasticswod.com/content/dumbbe ... he-through but instead of dumbbell, maybe use a light ankle weight on your wrist or something like that if doesn't hurt.

But I know your feeling, I'm recovering from a shoulder injury (2 months and 1 week now) and now that I'm restarting I feel that I lost some strength. You'll recover fast :)

Good luck :)

Alessandro Mainente

i'm doing also exercises for core...unfortunately i don't have the necessary weigth for a reasonable training at home