Recently I have begun training planche like all those Ukrainians you see on YouTube. The method involves training mainly planche leans and PPP, skipping the dragondoor progressions entirely. I like this approach as I find the advanced tuck really awkward and am sick of training it.
Basically I start in a leaned push up position with feet elevated and with my head lightly brushing a wall. I then mark the position of my thumb (I train on fingertips) and begin an SSC cycle of planche leans. As I grow stronger I will move my hands back further and again mark the position of my thumb, making sure to lean far enough to brush my head with each hold.
I also like to train pseudo planche push ups in the same way. The wall helps to ensure there is no backward lean on ascent, and marking hand position makes for easily measured progression of difficulty.
So.... thoughts?