http://www.dailypilot.com/news/tn-dpt-0114-blackbelt-20120113,0,1768188.story
It's pretty impressive whenever a student of the Gracie Barra school of Brazilian jiu-jitsu gets a black belt.Even more impressive is when one of those students is 78.

Started by Cole Dano, January 17, 2012 · 2 Replies · 2,202 Views
http://www.dailypilot.com/news/tn-dpt-0114-blackbelt-20120113,0,1768188.story
It's pretty impressive whenever a student of the Gracie Barra school of Brazilian jiu-jitsu gets a black belt.Even more impressive is when one of those students is 78.

Great Scott! That's just plain super. 8)
That is commendable. An award of black belt is somewhat of a relative achievement this day, with McDojos handing them out to any kid that trains for more than a couple of years. However, with Gracie Barra, you can assume that the award of black belt came only after considerable effort, time, and perseverence was given. The demands of doing JJ on a person in his 70's makes it quite respectable. Heck, I am in my 40's, and have shyed away from JJ and Judo, although I like the practice of both, because the arts are more physically demanding than I have the eagerness to train.