Learning circles without a bucket?

Started by Nic Branson, January 15, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,715 Views

Nic Branson

Circles are something I have always admired and would like to train for some very basic proficiency. I've read and watched videos regarding circles walks, ag-walks etc. The one one thing that I always see brought up is using a bucket. I've tried various spots in my house for this and do not have the clearance to get one hung in an area where I have overhead support.

Any training ideas for achieving this?

Blairbob

Hang in the garage or from a tree.

Some of the bucket systems I've made in gym had to be portable to hang from rings or a high bar so I mainly just had to throw the rope over them and tie it off. It's not super portable but it could be.

Without a bucket, you could either buy or make yourself a mushroom or EGE pommel trainer buck.

In a gym, a majority of the gymnasts use mushrooms or bucks for circle work rather than a bucket. It's a handy tool but not completely necessary (though I like to have one around).

Nic Branson

I'll look into those, thanks. Old house so no garage option and my allergies prevent training in any type of grass.