How to install xtreme rings inside a house

Started by Stefan Sandow, February 5, 2008 · 4 Replies · 6,308 Views

Stefan Sandow

Hi Coach,

I just ordered the xtreme rings, I would like to know if you have any tip on how to mount them inside my room... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stefan

John Sapinoso

i was wondering the same thing,

so far im thinking:

mount it on a doorway pullup bar ( would be bad for crosses though)

find a wooden ceiling support and drill some sort of mount

or make some crazy free standing cage sort of thing

Coach Sommer

Mounting Xtreme Rings Inside

I found the following post an interesting solution for installing a permanent mounting attachment to a ceiling inside a house.

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=14061

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Craig Miles

What mechanism is on the end of the straps for attachment to the roof?

Is it a hook? A clip? etc...

Can the rings be easily attached to a bar or branch at a park?

Regards,

Craig.

crasch

I haven't done it yet, but I plan to build an indoor frame around the edges of the room out of steel pipe and kee klamps. Then I plan to run a truss across the ceiling from which to hang rings/chin up bars, etc. See this page for lot's of ideas for kee klamp structures:

http://www.simplifiedbuilding.com/blog/ ... es/page/2/