Progress with HS from 10/1/11-1/12/2012

Started by Ian Legrow, January 12, 2012 · 3 Replies · 1,501 Views

Ian Legrow

Hey everyone,

here is the 3 month progress between when i started training HS heavily and now. The last video you will see my houlders still need a little work. According to Yuval, i am doing very well but my shoulders need, as he said, just a teeny little bit more work. 7dD-mvPub0o

Bruno Cochofel

There is really an amazing progress..

I found out that being with the hands more close to one another is more solid and allows me to press more to activate traps, also doing some handstand shrugs is good... Raising first leg to find balance already with toe point, and only then reach up with the other, is like slowly finding balance and a more solid approach..

Once again.. REALLY GOOD PROGRESS ;-)

Philip Chubb

Very nice Ian!

And blackcat, that is a great tip for being able to control the kick up. If you have a front and back split, it becomes effortless.

Ian Legrow

Thank you blackcat and Philip! I finally have open shoulders in my HS and showed Yuval Avalon and this was his response. I think it might help some people.

Excellent line!

Now you need to make the correct position a habit and an ancor to your hanbalancing practice.

In hand balancing the recommended entrance into HS is through tuck... I highly recommend!

Work on presses to HS (tuck, straddle, pike, stalder) as well as are all important... a 1 min long HS with good form and minimum movement is another recmmendation...

All the best,

Yuval

I was very happy with this response. Now i just need to learn to get up in the tuck postion and train my brain to get into the position right when i kick up.