This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

most important part of your workout?

Started by Blythe Tait, January 11, 2012 · 2 Replies · 57 Views

Blythe Tait

Since doing the seminars, my workouts have changed quite a bit, mostly to accommodate more prehabilitation and warm-up, but also because of all the FSPs I do before I can do the main ones I'm working on. In this first SSC since the Aus seminars, I really feel that the newly structured FSP part of my workout has been the biggest factor in my improving strength, and I often find that in my mind, I am approaching each workout with the FSPs and prep work (including bridge work and HS press work) being my most important area and the actual WOD being almost secondary. I'm not sure it is correct, but I find it strange because the main workout has always been the area I have geared up for and been anxious about, but now I feel that way about all that comes before the main workout, especially my L-sit work.

Does anyone else feel that way or is the WOD your main focus?

Adam Bodestyne

At the moment, I haven't even been doing the WODs. I hope to reincorporate them at some point in time, but for now I'm so focused on just getting my FSPs to an acceptable level (actually, those prerequisite things that aren't even the 'proper' FSPs! Given how little volume I could manage of the plank and hollow hold etc at the seminar, I think I really need to get those things in order first). I'm also doing all the wrist/shoulder/elbow stuff we learned as core done-almost-every-workout things. My workouts are starting out ultra simple, but I hope to evolve it over time as I slowly add to the must-do core of my workouts.

I really only just 'started again' at the beginning of this year, so it's.. a very short period of time to be able to judge anything. (c: It does feel like focusing on these 'basics' is going to be more beneficial to me, though.

Blythe Tait

Hiya, Adam! Great to hear about your training!

Yeah, it seems like lots of us have really adjusted our FSPs since the seminars. My workouts now take roughly two hours, and it is simply the addition of all the prehab and the FSP progressions. And there is still stuff I don't do, both in the FSPs and with prehab and post-stretching.