Handstand press

Started by IvanPS, September 19, 2008 · 5 Replies · 2,689 Views

IvanPS

Hey all,

I'm currently focusing on getting a straddle press with straight arms. So far I can do a bent arm legs together press. Here's a video of it (after the first press):

I feel like the only thing limiting me to do a straight arm straddle press are my hips, i can't seem to lift them higher then this:

snapshot20080919231909564.png

I realized now this is not really a good angle.

currenthspress154.png

I can't lift my hips higher than that (note: this is not me).

So what would be the best exercises? Currently I'm doing bent arm presses and hanging leg lifts. My straddle L is quite weak so I'm guessing that it would help a lot if I would strengthen it.

Gregor

1.Turn your elbows in to the lock position!

2. When you are doing press to handstand allways push your sholders in the whole time.

3. fisrt lift your bottom above your sholders and then the legs.

4. Don't do piked when straddle is not with straight arms.

Exercises:

1. press to handstand aganst the wall with close palm position (closer the wall better is)

2. press to handstand aganst the wall, turned with bottom to the wall (you are forced to lift your hips as high as possible, of course closer you are harder it is).

3. Go to the crossbar (lestvenik-ribstol -> for IvanPS) and make exercise at that video at 1:08

(I don't know the english word). Thouch the crossbar with your back and rise your arms to grab the crossbar with palm and then just start lifting your legs uprise straddle or piked.
Gregor

Yes, that is the one! :D

IvanPS

Well than I shall do my best and try to find a swedish ladder.

rambo5501

I found a nice Vid