This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120109

Started by Coach Sommer, January 9, 2012 · 5 Replies · 1,562 Views

Coach Sommer

trvd6vsIE2o

Perform the following:

3x5 GHR

3x10 Weighted SLS

3x5 HeS RLL

Finish with 60 seconds total aggregate work of a straddle L variation.

notes:

1) This workout should be performed as a modified giant set. To this end perform the GHR then rest 60 sec, perform the Weighted SLS (alternate legs on each rep for a total of 5 reps on each leg) then rest 60 sec, finally perform the HeS RLL and then rest 5 minutes before beginning the next modified giant set.

2) Add as much weight as possible to all of today’s exercises. Be meticulous in using a full ROM with a moderate tempo.

3) Alternate legs on each repetition of SLS. Add sufficient weight (using dumbbells, vest or weight plates) so that they are very challenging for the RX’d ten reps.

Alvaro

Well back to training after some months barely touching the gym… Any way I still managed to get my freestanding HS to almost 10secs, and improve my max pull up to 6,even gaining 5 kg of pure fat :( . I imagine It will be closer to 10, once I lose them (begun yesterday strict paleo with morning fasts).

To the WOD:

15min light running to recover some capabilities, some leg stretching too.

3X:

- 5 GHR helped with hands.

- 5 40kg squat(pistols are a bit hard on my knees due to old injuries)

- 5 HeS RLL

60 sec straddle Lsit (4x15) with bended legs, (yep I have neglected those…)

over all not bad, not beginning from 0, but lots of lost time to recover!!

edit: this afternoon added a slizz pull up series and some playing with the dream machine with serotonin!

Gustav

Nice to train legs again! Did some extra pulling and core at the end and added some PPP at the start of the superset :)

Josh Schmitter
omegant said:
Well back to training after some months barely touching the gym… Any way I managed to still get my freestanding HS to almost 10secs, and improve my max pull up to 6,even gaining 5 kg of pure fat :( ). I imagine It will be closer to 10 once I lose them (begun yesterday strict paleo with morning fasts).

Good to have ya back.

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(Felt really good today)

WOD:Rx'd rests

3x5 Half GHR

3x10 SLS(unweighted)

3x5 HeS RLL

About 1.5 hrs after WO: 4x15s Straddle L bent, Leg Day Stretching, Ido's Squat Routine, Some lacrosse ball work on glutes and back.

Notes:

-Pre-reqs felt super good today. WOD felt hard, but good. SLS rough at the middle of last set, but definitely should be able to weight these soon :). I'm hopefully going to get my bands set up so I can do full ROM NLC soon, so we'll see how that feels. The HeS RLL were hard, but feel better than last.

-I feel like the plank walks have really helped my abs even with the short amount of time since I've implemented them. I guess it makes sense if I miss the full benefit of other ab work in the WOD's due to certain scaling down(i.e. regular pulls for L-sit Pulls, or FL pulls breaking into pulls and rows).

Kenneth Manning

Had some knee soreness a few weeks back from weighted SLS, so I've been doing front barbell squats since. I still finish each prescribed workout with 1-2 sets of 10 bodyweight SLS just to keep the feel for the movement.

Today's WOD turned into a weight lifting leg WOD for 2 of the exercises and looked like:

Straight leg DL (using a "trap bar"), feet elevated 2": 295 x 5,5,5

Front barbell squat 170 x 5,5,5

HeS RLL + 7.5 lbs around ankles x 5,5, (4+1)

4x15 sec straddle L (low)

1x10 SLS bodyweight

I need to get my glute ham apparatus fixed. It's been broken for a while and I found it really difficult to see improvement just using half GHR with feet anchored on the floor. I know subbing DL's isn't ideal, but at least it hit my hamstrings and glutes hard, which I assume was the point.

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU (+ wall HS 1 min; 3x20 sec.)

Shoulder routine

Did: 3x5 NLC/negatives (with elastic band secured to a higher bar in the swedish ladder and attached around the chest and under the armpits; even with that I could hardly achieve controled descending to the ground but I really felt my hams and calves working!)

3x5 low bar Squat - bar low on my upper-back (weight of the bar was 15kg and I added 20kg more..so altogether it was 35kg; Squats felt excellent!! They worked my legs and butt like hell!! I´m going to stick with them for some time)

3x5 HeS RLL+ 1,5kg around ankles

Finished with 60 sec Straddle L - PB bent (4 x 15 sec)

notes: I felt great today especially on my FSP´s and HeS RLL; this was my second workout today since I started with HS routine twice a week (I spend as much time as possible on my hands during the 10 min)!