We Really Can Make Glucose From Fatty Acids After All!
http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.com/ ... fatty.html
Thought this might be of interest some of the more scientific types of the low carbohydrate variety.
Started by Josh Schmitter, January 8, 2012 · 3 Replies · 2,888 Views
We Really Can Make Glucose From Fatty Acids After All!
http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.com/ ... fatty.html
Thought this might be of interest some of the more scientific types of the low carbohydrate variety.
This looks like a great post. Can't wait to really get to read it!
Well, this goes into the nitty gritty of why we can survive on low to zero carb, high fat diets that are out there now. It's not terribly efficient but it's doable.
However, humans cannot survive without fat and I think that's been out there for a short while.
Blairbob said:However, humans cannot survive without fat and I think that's been out there for a short while.
I believe that's the case as well. The main thing for me was the possibility of converting fat to glucose with an actual net gain, albeit small. That, I don't believe, has been out there in any seriousness.