rHOigjgwfds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOigjgwfds
I've been struggling with front aerial for a long time. I'm getting closer, but wondering what's limiting me. I know gymnasts drop their chests for front aerial, but I've spent so long learning it the martial arts way, don't know if I want to mess with the chest. Anything besides the chest to focus on?
Also, a coach told me recently that all front tumbling should involve driving the heels back and chasing your chest to your knees. I thought only front layouts are done with that approach? It feels so awkward to me doing front tucks like that. He also said to throw with straight arms, whereas I've always felt inclined to throw fronts with bent arms (feels more powerful to me). What threw me off the most though, was his advice that you should look to the sky (where your arms would be) when punching. It feels counter-intuitive to me. Aren't most technical skills partially visual, and if you plan on landing on the floor, wouldn't spotting the floor be easiest?!?