the best FRONT LEVER ever

Started by dacicsak, January 5, 2012 · 5 Replies · 3,574 Views

dacicsak

Here is the best front lever ever.

My question is:

This person is fully retracted his shoulder blades, its obviuos...But i heard its impossible in front lever to have a fully retracted scapulas... Or is this a correct front lever? because i always see with rounded back full front levers on the vids...so i dont understand which is acceptable...One thing is clear, this is the most nicest fully retracted front lever ever!!!

Philip Chubb

If you retract it too far, you usually will end up pulling to something of an arched front lever. His looks pretty much in a straight line and I agree, it is a very nice front lever.

Samuel Carr

Best part is he makes it obvious he is retracting his shoulders first, then pulling into the lever

Joshua Naterman

It is nice, but he is definitely arched in the lumbar spine. Nothing terribly wrong with that, but it isn't hollow. Part of why he can stay retracted is because the grip width is somewhat wider than shoulders, and also because he is clearly strong enough to do so :) This guy's upper back is very well developed.

I have found that when retracting before pulling into the FL that it is actually easier, or feels easier. That's not meant to be a knock on this guy or anyone who has trouble with it, just trying to say that when everything is in the "right" position the muscles involved are more effective due to better mechanical advantage. This is a large part of why I am always harping on this whole "build the support structure" thing.

dacicsak

I still cant get fully retracted scapulas during front lever hold. I can retract my scapula but isnt at the maximum...i hope this is not a big problem. :roll:

Joshua Naterman

Not really, but the more the better.