General Strength Improvment

Started by Torsk, January 5, 2012 · 2 Replies · 1,576 Views

Torsk

Hi,

I have been doing a lot of work on strength over the last year. In particular, exercises for rings strength moves such as cross and maltese preparation which I got from the Gymnastics Bodies book and some gymnast friends. One gain which I am happy with was getting a 1 arm chin up (attached).

However, it has been about 6 months since I achieved that and I have not felt any improvement in my strength for the last 6 or so months. I have been doing the same exercises and I still find them hard and so am unable to increase weight or difficulty.

Is this a normal pattern of strength work to plateau for an extended period of time? Are there any tips anyone can offer me to improve?

Thank you so much!

S8j7CZuUO-s

Torsk

Cool. Thank you!

Blairbob

Programming should probably change every 3-12 weeks. Sort of depends on what part of the season you are in.