When should one start to do HS in XR? I can hold XR support, I can hold L-sit on XR, and can do wall runs (not as much as I would want but I'll get there)...
Is there any progressions? Should one handle first shoulder stand?
Started by Bruno Cochofel, January 4, 2012 · 4 Replies · 2,372 Views
When should one start to do HS in XR? I can hold XR support, I can hold L-sit on XR, and can do wall runs (not as much as I would want but I'll get there)...
Is there any progressions? Should one handle first shoulder stand?
As long as you can keep a reasonably good body position you should be ok. If you are super arched you might want to get some spotting or start working on hollow HSPU to build the strength you need.. YTIW work done with a super slow pace and retracting the scaps before moving the arms with each rep will also help a lot, as will cervical spine extension strength work (backwards neck lifts).
slizzardman said:As long as you can keep a reasonably good body position you should be ok. If you are super arched you might want to get some spotting or start working on hollow HSPU to build the strength you need.. YTIW work done with a super slow pace and retracting the scaps before moving the arms with each rep will also help a lot, as will cervical spine extension strength work (backwards neck lifts).
I do Y-T-I, and I have a fairly straight hollow. Don't know what is backwards neck lifts..
Sounds like you probably won't have much trouble. Try it out and see how it feels! Wrap your feet around the straps at first but don't let that kill the straight body position!
slizzardman said:Sounds like you probably won't have much trouble. Try it out and see how it feels! Wrap your feet around the straps at first but don't let that kill the straight body position!
Have to try, anyway I need to find a taller space to put my rings because they are on a pull-up bar for the doors... And I'm 1.76m :?