Rings work

Started by Brutus, January 4, 2012 · 8 Replies · 2,114 Views

Brutus

Although I know I still don´t have achieved all the prerequistes I would like to know If anything in this ¿flat? tuck FL is OK

MoZH8gfulNA

Brutus

Thank you. It´s difficult for my to retract the scaps in this position.

Thinks perhaps try to do tuck FL and work the retraction in this position?

i´m realizing that training alone and without a coach means most of the times you are doing things wrong and wouldn´t even notice

Bruno Cochofel

Try going from inverted hang to FL.. When in inverted hang you can go tuck and retracted your shoulders and then lower down to FL.. Think always in crushing something between your shoulder blades, that helps me ;-)

Brutus
blackcat said:
Try going from inverted hang to FL.. When in inverted hang you can go tuck and retracted your shoulders and then lower down to FL.. Think always in crushing something between your shoulder blades, that helps me ;-)

Ok. I will try it. The only way to improve without a coach is this Forum. Thank you.

Bruno Cochofel

This forum also helps me alot ;-)

We tend to pass the same tips that someone gave us before

Joshua Naterman

Yes! actually, making your own videos and watching your form will tell you a lot.

Going through the book and spending a few months on each exercise starting with the very beginning stuff, performing reps with a very slow pace, will develop a huge amount of support structure strength and that will be what allows you to truly develop your gymnastic basic strength.

Push ups and XR push ups, foot supported rows and bulgarian rows (both bar and XR) along with HeSPU variations, all performed super slowly with no explosive movement at all, are excellent structural preparation. Combined with proper flexibility work and soft tissue maintenance you should have very little trouble developing an excellent physique with the physical prowess to match it.

As for FL work, I will suggest to you that you start in an inverted hang, retract THERE, and then lower down while staying retracted. Actively retracting in a tuck FL is very hard and often uses the lats more than the traps. In other words you won't be developing the strength you need.

Joshua Naterman
Bdk1786 said:
I know how you feel. When I started, I made sure to record everything I was doing and critique the hell out of it by comparison to other videos. Working the tuck and retracting the scaps would be the way to go. A noted above, I find it easier to start from an inverted hang and lower to FL and maintain retracted scaps while lowering. Also, the FL isn't just a hang, think about pushing your hands downward while maintaining the retracted scap position. Just be aware of keeping straight arms/locked elbows.

First off, nice avater! I love fallout.

On topic, that's a good point. You should always be pushing the hands towards the hips and keeping the elbows locked.

Brutus

I´ve recorded another video hoping to listen and learn from you.

I was trying to do a back lever (tuck position)

Rar83QenVmg

Brutus

Hips are ok?

I have read not to pull the lats when doing a BL. Then all the pull should become of the locked elbows, shouldn't it?