Hi Philip or anyone?
I didn't want to hijack the muscleup transition thread but Philip mentioned a "tiger pushup" where you go down on your elbows from a pushup position. I believe these are also similar to upper arm pushups that were in a WOD once. My question is how do you do these exactly? I've googled it and saw two different ways.
1) lower yourself into the bottom portion of pushup then shift your weight back almost kind of piking a little as you lower onto the elbows and then shift the elbows back up from the ground and then push back up. ( i tried these and they are challenging but manageable)
2) start in a pushup support and lower down all the way to your elbow as you go down while keeping the hands directly under the shoulder with no piking or shifting of weight backwards, then reverse the movement back up. ( I tried these and my elbows screamed and cracked. Very Hard!)
I'm thinking that eventually the second one is what i should be striving for and that the first one is a stepping stone to that. Either way both seem like a good progresssion to a russian dip which i'm not even close to doing. Any ideas are appreciated
Thanks
Phil