Which would be more beneficial to purchase the book or the rings?
I am overseas with very little equipment, in fact I have no equipment aside from a lemon tree branch I use for pull-ups. Thats what got me interested in body weight training to begin with. I can currently after about 2 months of training hold the L-Seat for 7 seconds and a Tuck Planche for about 5 seconds. I'm working on handstands as well. My primary goal of training is a few things:
A) Get in better shape
B) Get in top shape for martial arts
C) Get in top shape for the Marine Corps Officer Candidate School PFT
The more exercises like L-Seats, Planches, Dragonflags, Handstands, and Pistols that I can work towards I think the better off I'd be. I don't really think of working out as getting in shape, I think of it more like I would in martial arts where I just want to perfect these skills and practice them over and over. Which would give me more options for new skills (with only a tiny lemon tree branch) the X-Treme Rings or the Book? I'm worried the book will involve equipment, but I'm also worried about the practicality of trying to hang the Rings from a very tiny and fairly low to the ground branch.
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.