This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 120103

Started by Coach Sommer, January 3, 2012 · 11 Replies · 1,920 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Front Pulls, 2 slow Negative Back Pulls

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) Strive to perform the MUs with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition.

3) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

4) You may use the feet on the straps to slow your descent during the negative Reverse MU.

5) Use the position of your choice during the negative Front and Back Pulls that allows you to control the descent while still being challenging. The ascent and descent of these elements may both be performed in different positions.

6) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

7) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

8 ) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

9) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD: 3 sets

[-4 Chair Dips(2121)/1:40 rest

-4 Pull ups(2121)/1:40 rest

-Ring Strength 1(minus MU + roll)

-Lower Leg Prehab A/B

-5min Rest]

5x15s/60s rests

-Tuck L-sit Hang(90/90)

-XR Plank Hold

-German Hang

2x10 Wall Ext(303 tempo)

Notes:

-Hard, but felt really good today. FSP Pre-req very good, 4 dips/pulls hard, but perfect form on all. Will keep same rep/set scheme for next time around. Lsit hang and Plank holds very ab trying today...plank walks yesterday definitely hit them hard.

Phil O'malley

FSP:

2*15s fx L-Sit

2*15s Adv Tuck BL

2*45s wall HS

Gen WU

3 sets of; MU, 2 XR Dips, L-sit press shoulder stand, roll fwd into a MU to a shoulder stand, negative Reverse MU down to an inverted hang, 2 slow Negative Front Pulls (adv tuck), 2 slow Negative Back Pulls (adv tuck)

5x15 seconds FL - Adv Tuck

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

2x10 Wall Extensions.

First WOD in 3 weeks and carrying a cold but felt strong throughout. had issues with my rings getting twisted due to the forward roll possibly an anchoring issue. MU's felt good

Squatchy

3 sets

MU (heels on floor), 2 XR Dips, L-sit press to shoulder stand, roll fwd, MU, shoulder stand, neg rev MU (foot assist for the first half) to inv hang, 2 slow neg front pulls (adv flat tuck), 2 slow neg back pulls (adv flat tuck)

5x15

FL (flat tuck)

XR HS

GH

2x10 wall extensions

Richard Duelley

This was my first legit ring strength series since my shoulder injury and felt great to get back on it!

First 2 ring series went great had to cut out the roll to MU on the second one. The rings at my local gym had a fray or something in the cable and I got 3 nice cuts on my right leg/foot from spotting the reverse MU. Staff has been told and they said they would look into it. :? I lost a lot of strength on the back and front pulls so they were in a tuck.

I did not do the statics because I do my usual 45min to 1 hour hand balancing session before I hit up the conditioning. :mrgreen:

Josh Schmitter

niftyvt, great to see ya around. Followed your log on Ido's forum when I finally found it. Lots of good stuff there.

Richard Duelley

Thanks, sadly it appears Idos forum is down and I didnt save anything to my new machine :( I have my paper copies of most of the workouts and stuff but none of the commentary that I added when I posted to the forum.

Squatchy

You might try and see if Google still has a cached version of it, worth a shot maybe?

Josh Schmitter
niftyvt said:
Thanks, sadly it appears Idos forum is down and I didnt save anything to my new machine :( I have my paper copies of most of the workouts and stuff but none of the commentary that I added when I posted to the forum.

Yeah, I noticed when I did a major revamp of my bookmarks recently. I have a lot of the print outs as well, but that's all...no good.

Squatchy said:
You might try and see if Google still has a cached version of it, worth a shot maybe?

How exactly do you do that?

Michael Traynor

First Ring Strength WOD in 9 Weeks due to illness, it's good to be back, now I need to catch up :)

nSlR31yQaAc

Josh Schmitter
Breaks said:
First Ring Strength WOD in 9 Weeks due to illness, it's good to be back, now I need to catch up :)

nSlR31yQaAc

Ha, I'd never know you were gone. Smooth as silk.

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU

Shoulder routine

Did: 3 rounds of BRS 1 (1MU + 15s SR Support hold + 10s Tuck BL + 10s Tuck FL)

5x15s L-hang

5x15s Wall HS

5x15s GH

Finished with 1x10 Wall extensions

notes: Everything felt excellent today! Did MU with very little assistance from my partner! Hoping to do the non kipping MU without any assistance next time..we´ll see!