Holy mother of God, is this the hardest thing I've ever tried or what?!! Guys, I can't even get to the FIRST progression of the manna.
Any tips, suggestions... anything? ![]()
![]()
Thanks in advance!
-Alex
Started by Alex Solis, December 30, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,541 Views
Holy mother of God, is this the hardest thing I've ever tried or what?!! Guys, I can't even get to the FIRST progression of the manna.
Any tips, suggestions... anything? ![]()
![]()
Thanks in advance!
-Alex
Try working PB advanced L-sits? The pushing the hips forward and flat back is similar between the two skills and from what I myself have played with, both make the same muscles sore...
The manna is tricky. Recently, I found out that the placement of the hips makes a big difference which lead to some pretty big gains. But big gains with a manna are still kind of small haha.
Anyways my friend, how are your prerequisites for the manna? Do you have a good advanced lsit (preferably with hands sideways or even backwards), a good straddle L (nice wide split), and a good reverse pushup position? (Great intro for the wrist and shoulders)
3runMX said:Holy mother of God, is this the hardest thing I've ever tried or what?!! Guys, I can't even get to the FIRST progression of the manna.Any tips, suggestions... anything?
Thanks in advance!
-Alex
There is no point in even trying to work actual manna FSP progressions until you have a solid 30s advanced L sit. That means that the center of your hips, as viewed from the side, is in line with the center of your wrists during an L sit with a neutral (slightly retracted) shoulder position for 30s. That, my friend, is a feat unto itself. That is step 1.
The straddle L is nice, because it shows that you have the compression necessary to lift into a Manna with straight legs, and is technically also a pre-req for manna.
Manna is NOT easy.
Work on your L sit progressions, starting with the pre-requisites, and do the same with the Manna. Reverse planks forever until you have your 30s advanced L.
In the meantime, reverse plank shrugs with the upper body at a 45-ish degree downward angle (as opposed to being horizontal with the ground) will help build the shoulder and scapular strength you will need down the line.