Bdk1786 said:I am very intrigued as I have been looking to add something more to my routine than just the WODs. This morning I just hit my 3s straddle planche. Not the 5s I want to continue to train the position, but I think a two a day schedule will help bring me out of this stagnant feeling I have felt in my training lately. Just have to come up with an appropriate schedule and routine now.
First off, congrats on the straddle planche! Helpful hints that come to mind:
Definitely, might want to consider training Adv Tuck for the most part and doing 2-3 sets of straddle once a week and 1 single hold another day, like a single hold on tuesday and the 2-3 sets on friday.
Might also consider working one arm, one leg push ups for slow reps (7-10s down, same up) for 2-3 reps per set. Trust me, that's plenty of work. These will help build stabilization in the shoulders if done with a solid core, and that will transfer over to the planche. As you get stronger you can turn these slowly into PPP, 1cm at a time. Be careful to keep control of your scapula! It's easy to lose form, which is the major value in this particular exercise... it builds these weak links. Doesn't take much...