I´ve got a pretty solid handstand on the floor. What are the progressions for making it on the rings?
Progressions for Handstand on the rings
Started by Mats Trane, September 18, 2008 · 8 Replies · 4,116 Views
Might I suggest this link from the crossfit forums (w/f/s):
Lower down rings 3 cm to the flor, put one mat in front of the rings for drops or better rolls forward. Then go to the handstand (with that height you can tuch with your fingers flor and with that you can be still) and wrap around cables your legs, and when you are solid still unwrap legs to the handstand.
Thanks, I´ll try it tomorrow!
you should be able to do a solid shoulderstand first of course
[=
Cdx, you'll probably want to be able to do a decent handstand on parallettes as well before tackling it on rings. You can also turn out the parallettes to simulate the turnout on rings.
Ring rocker holds are pretty cool and I've been meaning to lay down a sting mat or a panel mat on tramp and place parallettes on them for an unstable surface.
ts00nami, Ihave a pretty good shoulderstand, whats the next step? Should I press up from shoulderstand?
thanks
From shoulderstand, climb and practice handstands with your legs on the straps or wrapped over the straps.
Or lower the rings and practice jumping and pressing to handstand with your legs on the straps.
Easiest way to start is by doing a shoulderstand and spidering your way up (ie wrap your legs around the straps and climb/push).
Work on stabilizing it with your legs fully wrapped around the straps. Once you can do that, try to get it stable with your feet resting on the insides of the straps. Once you can do that, then you can try doing it without the straps at all.
I would also start working a press to handstand when you get to the point where you can do it with your feet resting on the insides of the straps. Go ahead and bend your arms as you're learning it; a straight-arm press on rings is pretty hard.