Hello,
I would like to inquire if pullups are sufficient in keeping shoulder balance. Do pullups hit the posterior deltoids well enough? Would OAC work negate the necessity of a rowing movement?
Thanks
Started by CalisthenicGod, December 27, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,246 Views
Hello,
I would like to inquire if pullups are sufficient in keeping shoulder balance. Do pullups hit the posterior deltoids well enough? Would OAC work negate the necessity of a rowing movement?
Thanks
I think that I don't know answer your question but I'm already playing with OACs and I don't train pull ups anymore, only in my WU I do L-pull ups and everything is fine. If you can do more you can do less, right?
CalisthenicGod said:Would OAC work negate the necessity of a rowing movement?
No. OAC work is very lat dominant and, since the elbows never really go past the torso, the rear delts (along with mid traps, external rotators, etc) are underworked.
That's why they fall into different categories, horizontal pulling and vertical pulling.