SSC questions

Started by Jiggle, December 26, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,653 Views

Jiggle

I'm about to start a new training regime and would like to get things right. I will be mainly focusing on tuck planche, back lever and l-sit for my FSPs, with some additional hypertrophy-type workouts thrown in as well. Concerning SSCs, do ALL exercises in a regime need be kept at initial level for 8-12 weeks? i.e. can I keep my planche times and intensity constant while steadily increasing added weight for dips and pull ups, or should I keep sets, weight, reps, etc constant throughout the cycle for each training aspect?

Here's my proposed regime if it matters:

for all '4x8' exercises I do I increase weight when I can perform 4x8 reps, is this okay or should I keep it constant like with the FSPs?

Mo: Tuck PL SSC work, 5x5 PPPU, HSPU work (3-5 rep range), 4x8 seated dumbbell presses, 4x8 dumbbell upright rows, 4x8 shrugs

Tu: L-sit SSC work, 4x8 weighted pull ups, 4x8 weighted chin ups, 4x8 hammer or dumbbell curls

We: Rest or core if I'm feeling boisterous

Th: Tuck PL SSC work, Back lever SSC work, 5x5 PPPU, core training, handstand and flexibility work

Fr: Tuck PL work, 4x8 weighted dips, 4x8 heavy dumbbell flies( don't have a bench press set up), burnout with lots of really slow or weighted push ups or body weight triceps extensions

Sa: Rest

Su: Rest or core

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Joshua Naterman

It is generally ok to keep adding weight slowly on the bent arm work you mentioned, but you may want to consider either doing that once a month and building reps with the same weight OR making very, very small increases (half a pound or so) each workout until you feel an increased challenge (just slightly) and then stay with that until it gets easy and then start adding.5 lb per workout again until you hit the next weight that is a slightly increased challenge.

Moving forward too quickly always causes many more problems than moving forward "too slowly."

Jiggle

Great, thanks.