How to train with no hands?

Started by RatioFitness, December 23, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,343 Views

RatioFitness

Anyone have any ideas on how to train with a hand injury?

I'm so tired of my progress being retarded because of BJJ injuries. Last night I hurt my pinky finger and now I can't grip with my left hand.

What would you do to maintain a training effect in my situation?

One idea I had was to do ring flies with my wrists on the rings.

Blairbob

A few years I got my pinky dislocated and the ring finger sprained. I was still able to afterwards and after a week or two I was back in full gear though my grip wasn't so great.

Use parallettes and don't grip with the pinky finger. It sucks, but it's doable.

I couldn't deadlift for awhile though since I couldn't fully grasp with the left hand as the ring finger and pinky wouldn't close.

RatioFitness

I'll be giving the paralettes a try today. I'll let you know how it goes.

RatioFitness

Yep, paralettes work just fine. I had some pretty good handstands on them. Also, I figured out I could do pullups by using a lifting strap on my left hand. Ring supports also did not bother my pinky. I still have lots of options, and I'm sure I can figure out some more.