I need feedback!

Started by Walt Peacock, September 17, 2008 · 9 Replies · 2,386 Views

Walt Peacock

I am pretty new at gymnastics conditioning. I have posted on here a couple of times and have since developed a blog so that I can keep up with my progress. Take a look and let me know what you think! I would really appreciate any feedback you may have! Thanks!

www.gymnasticsstrength.blogspot.com

Blairbob

Interesting. Nice MU and MU rolls.

Your hands are too far apart in the wall HSPU. Elbows instead of going out to the side should be kept close to the body. When you start the HS, your shoulder be touching your ears with your bicep on the side of the head. CF likes to call this an active shoulder, but it just means no space ( unless there is a lack of flexibility in the shoulders, some ppl can't do this ).

Interesting ring exercise. I do the same thing on my Total gym mainly for shoulder rehab.

It's hard to do most parallette series I know without a spotter. It turns into L to shoulderstand or bent arm press and pretty much stops there.

Walt Peacock

Hey thanks for the insight. I'll work on my HSPU form right away.

thekyloe

Very interesting straight-arm exercise. Are there specific areas you've seen this exercise improve at all, (say, crosses, or levers, or what have you) more than others?

Nic Scheelings

Nice work!

I would work on straightening ur arms a little more wen ur in support and also trying to turn the rings out slightly more. Other than that it looks pretty good.

That straight arm excercise looks like it would bring a similar feeling in the elbow to a back lever but with ur weight distributed differently. Am i close?

Just curious as to how far apart ur rings are as it looks to me almost as if they are too far apart. Maybe just a trick of the camera.

Cheers

Walt Peacock

The straight arm exercise is a variation to the back lever sort of. It really stresses my biceps which is one reason I really like it. I have mainly been using it to help in developing my cross. My rings are hanging from joists in the ceiling in my garage. This is as close as I could get them. I am hoping that it does not affect my progress, but it does seem like exercises are more challenging because they are further apart... I have used some at a gym that are the correct 50cm apart and I can feel a difference.

I really appreciate the feedback. I will try to keep posting so check back often!

Thanks!

Blairbob

At the gym with portable rings, we often set the rings harder to compensate for the lack on the instability in some support stuff.

thekyloe

Just out of curiosity, where did you pick up this straight arm exercise? Did you hear about it somewhere, or did you come up with it yourself?

Walt Peacock

I came up with it myself just messing around. It felt good so I kept doing it. If no one else has seen itanywhere I guess I'll dub it "The Peacock" ( after my last name).

Sound good?

Blairbob

Hah, better than name I can think of...which would be shoulder extension/flexion stretch-pulls.