Good stretch bands?

Started by jugglinggymnast, December 19, 2011 · 6 Replies · 5,327 Views

jugglinggymnast

Recently lost the stretch band that I use for scapula mobilization etc. Wondering if anyone could direct me towards a quality one online that will provide sufficient tension. I want to make sure the one I get is good/reliable before I order it.

D Nowell

Cheapest route is the pallet bands from Mcmaster-carr. They hold up pretty well and when they do break you can just tie a knot and keep using it - I have one that still is in good shape and another that is broken, tied back together in a loop and still in use. I also have a lot of Jumpstretch bands that have held up nicely. The others listed below are the same (and probably all from the same manufacturing line). Pick what you like, or what's cheapest as they will last a good while but do have a potential for failure from heavy use, misuse or being kept outside in the sun/elements for periods of time.

Jumpstretch: http://www.flexbandonline.com/jumpstretch.htm

Ironwoody: http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/fitness-bands.php

Mcmaster-carr: http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-pallet-bands/=fg121s

There are plenty of places to get "fitness" bands since everyone is putting their names on them now:

EBay

Rogue: http://www.roguefitness.com/catalogsear ... t/?q=bands

EliteFTS: http://www.flexcart.com/members/eliteft ... sp?cid=397

jugglinggymnast

Thanks man. Looking forward to getting my new bands now.

Samuel Carr

http://www.ironwoodyfitness.com/equipme ... ?limit=all

I want to get some loop bands for mobilization routines and assistance for exercises so i want like a light,medium, and heavy resistance. There are so many on this page without descriptions tho, can anyone direct me to which ones would be the best fit?

D Nowell

For Iron woody, I'd look at the mini/super mini for your standard mobilization, prehab/rehab etc. Then go up from there if you want stronger bands. Some of their packages might be ideal, but shop around at Rogue, ebay etc as they are all the same thing. Rogue's site might help you pick bands a little better as the descriptions with suggested usages are right there on the product page. It's nice to have them in pairs if you can.

Samuel Carr

Why is having pairs nice?

Samuel Carr

That's true I guess. Thank you