Ring dips progression and is there a diff?

Started by ilove2workout28, December 17, 2011 · 4 Replies · 3,852 Views

ilove2workout28

What would they be from easieast to most difficult?? Also, is here a difference between russian dips on the rings and RTO dips?

Blairbob

Neither of those two dips are in the book explicitly.

Russian dips on rings are something that a user simply came up with in his interpretation of a russian dip and carried it to rings.

Both types of dips are quite different from each other in their current incarnations.

Jon Douglas

My interpretation of RTO dips (from support) is essentially a Korean dip on rings. The difficulty is in the stabilisation behind the body plus the deep stretch in shoulders. I like to do my embedded BLs this way sometimes, basically a negative Ian(s).

Russian dips on the rings I am finding harder to imagine, unless it's completely unsupported and involves dipping elbows down below the transition point ala the 'Developing the Transition for Muscle-Ups' sticky. In which case the difference in technique is fairly obvious, and the difference in difficulty quickly the same :)

Hope I helped a little,

Jon

Blairbob

Alex87 has a video of it on youtube somewhere. Fairly strong kid.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7352

For now, if anything consider the Russian Dip on rings a work in progress in experimentation.

Jon Douglas
Blairbob said:
Alex87 has a video of it on youtube somewhere. Fairly strong kid.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7352

For now, if anything consider the Russian Dip on rings a work in progress in experimentation.

That looks interesting, I think I'll have a play with that too :) cheers.