How Smart is Your Right Foot?

Started by Coach Sommer, December 16, 2011 · 10 Replies · 3,242 Views

Coach Sommer

I received this challenge from a friend this morning, and somewhat to my chagrin found it to be true in my case. How about for the rest of you?

1. While sitting at your desk in front of your computer, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.

2. Now while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.

This is from an orthopedic surgeon. It will confuse your mind and you will keep trying over and over again to see if you can outsmart your foot, but you can't. It is pre-programmed into your brain.

Enjoy the frustration.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

jl5555

My career on 'Mathmatics Dancing with the Stars' is ruined...

Mats Trane

Wow! Unbelievable!

Bruno Cochofel

Today is my xmas dinner at work.. I'm gonna try to put everyone (around 50) doing this :D

Great stuff...

Quick Start Test Smith

WOW. That startled me at first... my foot switched direction automatically. I did do it on my third try though. You just have to block out what your foot is doing in your mind, and concentrate only on your hand (or vise versa).

Coach Sommer
jl5555 said:
My career on 'Mathmatics Dancing with the Stars' is ruined.

It would appear that your career as a spelling bee professional is over as well :(

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Philip Chubb

I was able to somehow :? . I do a lot of writing with both hands at one time for fun though.

John Sapinoso

Being highly carbed out on rice, my brain is pretty loopy at the moment, and I was able to pull this one off successfully the first try.

8)

jl5555
Coach Sommer said:
jl5555 said:
My career on 'Mathmatics Dancing with the Stars' is ruined.

It would appear that your career as a spelling bee professional is over as well :(

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

LOL! Guilty! I am able to find cheap airfares but my fingers are unable to spell!

Razz

Haha damn had some good fun with this :D

Alvaro

I found I can do it (only one on 6 or 7) if I look at my foot instead of my hand, and I do it slowly, but every time you have to try hard to keep the foot turning. When you are at the lower part of the 6 is when the foot switches directions. If you try making circles counter clockwise with the hand while practicing the foot circles you also improve some what. Still really hard wired to change direction !! amazing!! :shock: :D