Whoah man. Seriously, thank you very much for the help. I always kept my reps at 3 per set or lower to maintain the assistance low. It should be a good change of pace then.
One last thing, for the sake of discussion and because I'm wondering. You're saying I should do 2-3 OAC singles followed by the 1-2x5-6 reps of OAC assisted work TWICE per week.
What if I did that ONCE per week, and on the other day (yep, leaving 2-3 days of rest between those 2 vertical pulling sessions) I did the afore-mentioned 2-3 OAC singles, followed by something like 5x2 OAC Negatives (I'm using about 8 secs of lowering for each rep)??
My point is, I'm wondering if a program is better off with just concentric and their eccentrics, or that maybe doing one day of concentric (and their eccentrics) and one day of ONLY eccentrics would be superior?
I feel like if I did one day of one, and the other day of the other, perhaps the results would be better (train strength on one, groove on the other). Or perhaps just doing the singles followed by the pinky-assisted reps twice a week would be simply better??
Thanks!