This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111215

Started by Coach Sommer, December 15, 2011 · 5 Replies · 1,789 Views

Coach Sommer

IwJ80DDIeNE

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo XR FL Rows

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo XR PPP+

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Body Levers

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Row/Pushup variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) NOTE: When scaling always adjust the difficulty of the FBE so that you will be able to maintain the correct tempo, sets and reps as designated in that day’s GB WOD.

3) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 321 for the basic strength sets. For the XR PPP+, this equates to a 3 second descent, followed by a 2 second pause at the bottom with the feet elevated, then a 1 second ascent.

6) Be sure to use a full ROM during the XR FL Rows.

7) Focus on maintaining completely locked, straight elbows at all times during the PL with the hips at shoulder height. You may adjust the position of the body as necessary.

8 ) If XR PPP+ are too difficult, scale down to a more appropriate pushup variation.

9) If Body Levers are too easy, increase the intensity by adding weight at the ankles.

10) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Josh Schmitter

General WU

FSP Pre-req WU

Wrist Routine

WOD:3 sets each

15s GH + 5 Tempo XR Rows([degrees]160ish[/degrees])

15s Lsit Bent + 5 Tempo XR Pu

15s List Hang(90/90) + 5 Tempo Body Levers(adv. tuck)

10 BWW(5,5/straight arms only few steps)

Notes:

-WU sets wrist routine Pu, floor Pu, some standing XR rows.

-Tried full XR rows on floor(almost back to floor), still can't keep it up w/ tempo. The top hold just kills with the palms touching pecs.

-Everything else felt pretty good, XR Pu felt very good.

Vincent Stoyas

Doesn't Coach recommend 60s of L sit before beginning planche work? I think he also said, if you already begun to work on the planche then you can keep continuing it if you'd like though.

Josh Schmitter
Bdk1786 said:
Just curious man, any reason for skipping planche work? Frog stand or PL lean?

defer to Vincearoo :)

Vincent Stoyas

Woke up late today. I decided to go ahead and start working on building my own pull ups bar station, I'm oing to like it to this one here, http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ ... 00x533.jpg.

I'm gonna try to use 13 feet pieces of wood I have around the house, but I haven't inspected them yet. If they're bad, I will buy the 16 foot pieces of wood. The guy who made that used 4 foot holes, but only ramped it, I think I may get by with 3 foot holes filled with cement. Maybe? Tomorrow I hope to have both posts dug.

I spent an hour moving and digging one post today and then ran out of time.

Did some quick upper body dynamic stretches and jumped into the wod.

15 sec German hang + tuck FL rows

15 sec l sit low + 10 sec adv frog stand + 5 Bulgarian push ups

15 sec tuck FL + 5 negative body levers

only finished one round and then I had to leave for work. Won't be home tonight to finish either :/

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU (3 rounds)

Shoulder Routine

WOD:3 sets each

15s Tuck BL + 5 Tempo foot supported rows (following Slizz advices)

15s Adv FS + 5 Tempo XR Pu

15s L-sit Hang(90/90) + 5 Tempo Body Levers (negatives)