Nutrition Alert

Started by powersnake, September 16, 2008 · 3 Replies · 2,527 Views

powersnake

Hi everyone,

I found a very interesting topic discussed in Crossfit Forum

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthrea ... hlight=soy

Some points:

* Grains

* Raw vegtables vs steamed

* Which kind of food to eat

* Growing and making food by yourself

Enjoyable reading, and have a nice day.

Bice

Hello!

I found this topic to good for my question.

Well, anybody know what should I eat before training? Sometimes I feel myself sick, if I dont eat enough or good quality food. Im a gymnast in the real life, and I have hard trainings. Usually, I eat eggs(2-3) with a slice of bread for breakfast. Sometimes I have training after lunch, so I can eat good food before I go to train.

I dont have too much time for eating, because i get up at 7'o clock, and i go to the bus stop at 8'o clock. I need some kind of food what is working off fast, and gives me a lot of energy (beside a little amount of food. I dont want to eat too much before training) to endure the 1,5 hours of gymnastics.

Sorry for the mistakes, or silly sentences, or wrong tenses, but I don speak english well i think. :D

Blairbob

Fruit, possibly. Decent source of energy. Carrots have about the most sugar of any veggie. Boil a bunch of eggs and bring some to snack on.

That's pretty much what our head coach at the last gym tried to get the kids on also because I think that's what he competed on in college. He reasoned meats and cheese took too much blood to digest because of the high fat content.

Bice

Thanks a lot my friend. :)

What about bananas? :D Is they good before training?