For All The Tall/Long Limbed People

Started by Philip Chubb, December 14, 2011 · 5 Replies · 3,175 Views

Philip Chubb

rJJcS0z1y6A

This is another one of my favorite acts by Sergei Timofeev. Hope it hasn't already been posted before but i like it because he is so long limbed. It makes it look a lot better than if he was a ring specialist build. I noticed this when I was in ballet as well. The tall and long guy could easily look better than me when were dancing and would look more graceful without spending any extra work. I have to try to stretch and accentuate everything since I am short and could be mistaken for a yield sign. Any other dancers, artist or just anyone in general notice something similar?

Edit: Also, his hand position is so strange! I love it.

polmod

thanks for posting this... i was not happy to be very long limbed until now :)

Erik Sjolin

I have never heard the words "graceful" and "tall" used in the same sentence before now.

In all honesty, we are some of the most clumsy people in the world, and although the guys right at the top of the game may look graceful and fluid, it most likely is the result of lots of hard work and natural talent. When you're tall, lanky, long limbed, or any other word for it, every single mistake you make is exaggerated tenfold. Especially for the things done on this website, you're quite lucky to be short.

Awesome video though, Timofeev is an absolute beast.

Philip Chubb

Just depends on how long you keep it up. Or take a ballet class!

Adam Bodestyne
Erik said:
When you're tall, lanky, long limbed, or any other word for it, every single mistake you make is exaggerated tenfold.

Haha, but when you manage to get it right, it looks Amaazing. :P

Uzeeh

Looks great. i can definitely relate to the video; while my arms are pretty normal (189cm wingspan when I'm 187cm tall), my legs are outrageously long - 127cm to my hip bone. Makes gymnastics a pain in the arse, but this motivates ;)