Trying IF. Day 1, workout 1.

Started by Blairbob, December 14, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,338 Views

Blairbob

So today is day 1. I could feel myself get hungry after I woke up and it wore off but came back again when I was getting ready to go to the gym. Drank some Preworkout stuff which basically has everything but the kitchen sink in there. Whey afterwards. Dinner was soon after and I had seconds a bit later. I figure I might snack on some nuts and drink some milk before sleep.

I was really surprised I didn't gas out during my workout. I definitely remember running out of gas during some of my workouts at the Berkeley gym when I didn't get a lot of fuel in during the day before my nightly workout. Then again, I rarely took any preworkout stuff. Maybe some milk and BCAAs.

I did try to do some workouts in the morning around 7 or 8 this year and those sucked. After a few of those I decided just doing some running or swimming would be much more manageable (as I had to coach at summer camp at 9am or do daycare at 730am).

So I'm pretty sure it's gonna get worse. Right now, I'm not really doing GB style S&C such as the daily wod or my own gymnastics programming. Basically CrossFitFootball strength programming with olympic lifts to start though I will probably do their WOD's as conditioning. I ran out of time today but I may just keep the conditioning to whatever I can do there and BW gymnastic staples (pushups, pullups, dips, leglifts). I figure I will incorporate some FSPs at home or whatever gymnastics I can do (which ain't much right now)

To note, right now I'm running heavy. Which probably means I have ample fat stores to burn off. :shock: I just started working out again in November though I had to take off about 2 weeks due to a tailbone injury and spending time with family after Thanksgiving.

I figure since my dad cooks in the evening this might be doable. Fast during sleep and bookend with not eating before sleep and after waking up. To note, I'm also not coaching 25-30 hours a day and walking up and down the hill in Berkeley to the gym. Basically, chilling at home with a lil bit of cycling or walking. Not a whole lot.

As I lean out, I will probably incorporate more gymnastics and prioritize it. However, I don't see myself competing next year and may just go hang up my NAIGC career, lol. I've wanted to get into olympic lifting anyways.

Blairbob

It's been a week. Workouts were generally 90m roughly in duration. Worked out TuWFSa doing light BW on ThSu.

Fasted workouts with preworkout mix were very workable. By a fluke, I forgot my preworkout and had been fasting for roughly 20 hours (longer than usual by a bit). I definitely felt sluggish without it but managed to work the Snatch and do 12 sets of speed BackSquat and ReverseGripBench @ weights of 195/95 (SQ felt possibly too slow and RGBP too light maybe). I think that my blood was pumping and adrenaline from the 1.75 snowy walk and that helped a bit. That also probably made me a bit more tired than a 1.75mi bike ride to the gym though.

I wonder if I would find it compatible even if I were coaching. However, I definitely would probably want to drinking tea to deal with that stress and activity and be alert enough for 5-6 hours.