Osteoarthritis

Started by Giancarlo, December 13, 2011 · 0 Replies · 2,198 Views

Giancarlo

Hi folks, fairly new to this and it's the first post I've made so I apologise in advance if there's somewhere more appropriate I should have posted. Basically, I'm 20 years old and I'm quite sure I have osteoarthritis in my right knee following a bad hyperextension injury that happened a year or two ago. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of coaching/training with people with similar chronic injuries and how they fare in training? I know the knee can never truly be as strong as it was but I'm confident I can carry on as normal bar making an effort to take extra good care of it e.g. supplements and wearing a brace. I'm not after an "official line", just to see if anyone else out there has similar issues or knows anyone, and how they get on with their training. I'm a parkour enthusiast and gymnastics conditioning is the backbone of my fitness! Cheers.