Hey everyone, hope you all are doing well. My situation right now is that bent arm pressing movements such as pushups and handstand pushups are slightly painful for my shoulder; however no straight arm movements are...very strange. I was going to have surgery on my shoulder; however, after consulting with several doctors it seemed to be unnecessary to do it at this moments since I can modify my exercises in order to achieve the goals I want (planche, front lever, and presses from L/straddle L) without having pain or further damage to my shoulder. Now, in the book and other sources of achieving a planche, bent arm exercises (pseudo planche pushups/tuck planche pushups) are always suggested in order to strengthen the position in order to move up in the progression. My question is, what exercises would be most effective in improving my planche (L and straddle L press I almost have) that do not involve a bent arm exercise in order see further progress? So far I am doing a lot of L-sit to tuck planche and planche leans on the floor and also on a swiss ball. I know this is strange but any suggestions would be great! God bless
Justin