Ankle Flexibility and Pistols

Started by Aaron Griffin, December 13, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,953 Views

Aaron Griffin

For as long as I've been able to do a pistol, I haven't been able to do a (good) one while barefoot. I need a heel raise of about an inch, to compensate for my crappy ankles.

Any tips on fixing this? I don't really know much about improving ankle mobility.

As an aside, I've been working barefoot deck pistols, in hopes that it will help mobilize my ankle in the bottom position

Bruno Cochofel
phrak said:
For as long as I've been able to do a pistol, I haven't been able to do a (good) one while barefoot. I need a heel raise of about an inch, to compensate for my crappy ankles.

Any tips on fixing this? I don't really know much about improving ankle mobility.

As an aside, I've been working barefoot deck pistols, in hopes that it will help mobilize my ankle in the bottom position

Take a look at one of this search results:

http://www.mobilitywod.com/?s=ankle

Aaron Griffin
blackcat said:
Take a look at one of this search results:

http://www.mobilitywod.com/?s=ankle

Ugh, mobilitywods are so hard to parse through. It's like I need to carve out a 10 minute block of time to watch each video, because he never just tells you what to do - you have to listen to the whole thing

Bruno Cochofel
phrak said:
blackcat said:
Take a look at one of this search results:

http://www.mobilitywod.com/?s=ankle

Ugh, mobilitywods are so hard to parse through. It's like I need to carve out a 10 minute block of time to watch each video, because he never just tells you what to do - you have to listen to the whole thing

Check this one ;-) is only 3m..

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/09/episode-313365-improving-ankle-range-super-friend-addition.html

You can watch in ffwd.. Basically kstar says something about joint distraction (using the elastic bands) then you go and find those tight corners..