Is this correct form for pseudo planch push up?
Started by j0407aar, December 12, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,886 Views
Round shoulders at top, otherwise fine.
Not a bad start, good tempo and fairly straight, but here are a few things to consider:
The back should stay in the exact same position on the way up and the way down. You're breaking the connection of the line, leading with an arched back on the way up. You can also notice that on the way down your spine arrives at the bottom staggered and then straightens.
Scapular protraction is key. I like to cue of "hugging" the floor, attempting to press the hands toward each other and rounding the chest at the top.
Also when doing video for form checks, It's best to take footage shirtless so you can check the spine/scapulae more accurately.
Pseudo's are pretty easy to break form on. I'm not a huge fan of them and personally I like the real deal scaled planche pushups as outlined by Coach much better.
Ahh yes, I see the arched spine now.
I also see this weird quirk in your PPPU's. as your elbows hit horizontal your torso sort of bobbles. I didn't see it before but I blame the fact that youtube runs like arse on the laptop at times (it wasn't fun at 360p and by the time I switched I was probably getting disinterested).
As Tsoonami said, you are sort of arching out of the bottom of your PPPU's.
I find PPPU's are an acceptable form of pushup until you can perform tuck planche pushups which takes quite a bit of time for most people. Then again, it's been ages since I could do tuck planche and I can't remember if I could do tuck planche pushups then either.
form check? not sure if my hand placement is too far and my back is slightly too low qXXWwKiWk4ww
Your body is collapsing. You need to work on your hollow and keeping the body firm so the shoulders don't lift before the midsection, the body should move as a unit.