L-sit to tuck planche on PB

Started by Brutus, December 12, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,299 Views

Brutus

Also have tried some exercises from the WOD, and found it difficult to keep my back flattened during the L-sit.

Ry4jHZn5fL8

During the flat tuck attempt also feel a lot of tension on the wrists. Had a poor body balance as you can note.

Reviewing the video I think the wrists seem not to be locked, or is there any other problem?

Also find difficult to keep the legs tightened when changing position form L-si to tuck planche

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks :roll:

Ian Legrow

I don't see why you don't like your l-sit. If you are going for an L-sit Advanced version then yes i would say push your hips forward a tiny bit more, but even still, it looked good. If you are just doing a normal l-sit, there is nothing you need to correct. for the flat tuck planche, You might not yet be strong enough to hold it. How long can you hold it for? The l-sit to the tuck planche: The l-sit was good, but i don't understand what you were doing with the tuck planche? Where you doing l-sit to tuck planche push up?

Brutus

Yeah, well when I do the transition from the L-sit to tuck planche I also make one pushup. It´s less effort than holding the tuck planche for 2 seconds and going back to L-sit.

I agree with you. Lack of strength to work on flat tuck plache. Will restart doing my tuck planche to get 30 or 40 seconds and then i will move on to flat tuck planche.

Anything about the wrists?

Blairbob

Are you pushing down all the way in your support? Think Long Neck.

You need to round your shoulders in planche as they are winging out. I think it's Scapular Depression but don't quote me on that. I just tell the kids, " Make shoulders round up "

The tuck planche pushup is sort of a mess. It starts almost more like a HSPU and the hips are high and they move over the place.

Brutus
Blairbob said:
Are you pushing down all the way in your support? Think Long Neck.

You need to round your shoulders in planche as they are winging out. I think it's Scapular Depression but don't quote me on that. I just tell the kids, " Make shoulders round up "

The tuck planche pushup is sort of a mess. It starts almost more like a HSPU and the hips are high and they move over the place.

I will forsake flat tuck planche then and try to get a proper tuck planche instead.

Or is it even better if I also forsake tuck planche?

Will try to make an effort to push harder on the support. Thanks

Michael Traynor

Please point your toes :D keep up the hard work!