Primal Eggnog

Started by Coach Sommer, December 12, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,956 Views

Coach Sommer

For a quick eggnog fix, you can try Anna’s recipe (scroll down for the single serving recipe):

In a blender, mix 1-2 raw egg yolks, 6 ounces coconut milk (or almond milk), 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Blend for 30 seconds and serve dusted with nutmeg.

The coconut milk changes the taste enough that it does not taste the same as regular eggnog, however my own family prefers to add a spoonful of hot cocoa mix to it which changes the taste completely and it becomes its own unique drink.

Happy holidays, everyone. Cheers!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Chan

Thanks coach. Happy holidays to you and your family!!

Rower

I have never had Eggnog before, but I may actually try this.

Can I replace the coconut milk with "normal milk"? Might be less primal this way, but coconut milk surely has a lot of calories...