Handstand Progress 12/9/11

Started by Ian Legrow, December 12, 2011 · 5 Replies · 1,736 Views

Ian Legrow

Hey Everyone,

i was recommended to do stomach to wall HS, and ihave been for the past 3 weeks. This is what i can do now. This will be the last video I post of this for a month or two while i continue to train with stomach to wall HS.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ilegrow?feature=watch

Blairbob

This was totally "free?" I couldn't see if your shoulders were touching the wall but it doesn't seem since there is only a small degree of flexion going on in your shoulders since I can see your hand placement.

Looks decent, side profile will show the body line better.

Ian Legrow

I had my wife stop filming me from the side in our apt becasue its very small. I did you the wall behind be for a seond or two (you will see my foot go back and touch it at one point) but that whole HS was free standing. I do have apicture of what my body line looked like. I took the piucture that same day. http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3425&hilit=your+best+picture&start=195

I liek the second picture better, even though i still need to work out opening my shoulder s bit more. But since this was take they have been opening more. Thanks for your input! :)

-Ian

Bruno Cochofel
IJL said:
I had my wife stop filming me from the side in our apt becasue its very small. I did you the wall behind be for a seond or two (you will see my foot go back and touch it at one point) but that whole HS was free standing. I do have apicture of what my body line looked like. I took the piucture that same day. http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3425&hilit=your+best+picture&start=195

I liek the second picture better, even though i still need to work out opening my shoulder s bit more. But since this was take they have been opening more. Thanks for your input! :)

-Ian

Ian, try this mobs to opening the shoulders, see if it works for you:

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/07/epis ... i-mob.html

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/03/epis ... ollow.html

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2010/11/epis ... -zulu.html

Ian Legrow

thank you blackcat! My shoulders are pretty open now becasue i want to specialize in hand balancing but not as open as i would like. These will definitely help!

:)

-Ian

Blairbob

That's a pretty good body line.