This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111212

Started by Coach Sommer, December 12, 2011 · 7 Replies · 1,802 Views

Coach Sommer

pTUn2-sF3Hw

Complete four rounds:

15’ Senders

12 Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats

15’ Senders

8 GHR

15’ Senders

4 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 15’ of Senders in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Alternate legs on each rep of the Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats.

3) Use only the minimal assistance necessary to complete each rep of the GHR.

4) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

5) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

6) Do NOT forget the weighted pike stretches at the end of the workout.

Vincent Stoyas

It is raining today, and what's a decent sub for senders?

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU(x2 rounds)

Ido's Squat routine

2 rounds/rx'd rests

15’ Senders(alt. slight incline/decline in grass)

12 Jumping Deck Squats

15’ Senders

8 GHR Half(almost no angle at knees/i.e. [degrees]90[/degrees])

15’ Senders

4 Depth Jumps

Leg Day Stretching(4pm)

Notes:

-Taking a 50% volume deload today. Everything felt fine.

Josh Schmitter
Vincearoo said:
It is raining today, and what's a decent sub for senders?

If you check out the senders link up in the WOD the first progression is just jumping in place/rebounding. I imagine you can get creative and make something inside or at least jump around rebounding like a demented rabbit...oh yes, make sure to video this :).

Vincent Stoyas

Why have I never clicked that link before? How silly.

Mobility Drills

FSP Warm Up

Ido's Squat Clinic, 1 round

WOD 2 rounds

5 Box jumps (3 and 1/2 feet for all)

12 50lb weighted Deck Squats. The weight was too awkward to hold, switched down to 15 lb weights and focused on height.

5 Box jumps

8 SLS. GHR is outside and it's raining.

5 Box Jumps

4 Depth Jumps (3 and 1/2 feet)

10 Half V Sit ups

25 10lb weighted mason twists

25 Hollow Rocks

Finished with 2x30s Weighted Pike Stretch.

First time I've actually done a leg workout, never done depth jumps or box jumps before. 3 and a half feet was intimidating for me at first, but it really wasn't too bad. I would like to raise that to 4 feet in the future, but I'll keep it where it's at for the next month or so. I have a bad knee already, so no need to rush.

I also cut to two rounds because i have to stand around for 8 hours tomorrow at work and I just don't want to struggle all day. I have a very hard time standing for that period of time without feeling sore.

blackmonster

Did four rounds of:

15’x Senders

12x Single Leg Deck Squats

15’x Senders

8x assisted GHR

15’x Senders

4x Depth Jumps ( 4 ft )

Finished the workout with 2x 30 sec Weighted Pike Stretch.

Runners asthma kicked in about halfway through, but I still managed to finish it out with max effort. My body is still adapting to the cold, it's not as bad as it used to be.

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP WU (3 rounds)

Shoulder routine

WOD: 4 rounds of:

15' Senders

12 Deck squats jumping

15' Senders

8 NLC partials (feeling much stronger today)

15' Senders

4 Depth jumps

Ivan Uzarevic1
TANSTAAFL said:
Vincearoo said:
It is raining today, and what's a decent sub for senders?

If you check out the senders link up in the WOD the first progression is just jumping in place/rebounding. I imagine you can get creative and make something inside or at least jump around rebounding like a demented rabbit...oh yes, make sure to video this :).

Don't we all jump like demented rabbit?? :D