This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

All Kinds of Dips on Parallel Bars

Started by Gregor, September 15, 2008 · 9 Replies · 26,036 Views

Gregor

All Kinds of Dips on Parallel Bars

Click here for 3 basic dip exercises.

watch out for shoulders, go slowly....

Click here for some swinging dip variations

Click here for some upper arm variations.

First exercise is actualy just swinging (more wider are p.bars harder is for your shoulders and pectoralis),...

Click here for partial swings to V seat.

It's a good triceps burning exercise 8) Turn your elbows in lock position and swing to V seat. When you are lowering legs, don't let the swing go pass the horizontal of your body (with pushing p.bars back)...

Click here for 2 swinging dip with hop variations

When you are jumping, don't let the hips go down...

If you have some wishes what do you wan't to see, I could film some..

kbryk

Great stuff as always Gregor, I've tried some of those, all of them kick your butt if you do 3 sets of 10 or 15.

Keep the videos coming!

Gregor

Yes! I've just made 3 reps for example...

Blairbob

Nice Gregor, I've done the upper arm to support dip but not the way you did in the front.

Thanks again for posting these vids as there are not many vids out there that cover them, I think.

coachnate

I know this is an old post, but thought I would throw my two pennies in...

First - thanks for the vids Gregor, there were definitely some variations in there I've never seen/thought of! Unfortunately, I don't currently have a set that I can try them on :(

Just a couple thoughts for more variations -

- slow down/quick up dips (go down on a count of 4-8 sec, and up as quickly as possible)

- Partner ones where your partner puts tension on you by holding your legs (this could be during the down part or all throughout)

- in addition to the slow down, you could hop at the top

Thanks again

Richard Duelley

Two guys on the club team at Tech did 250 dips in 37 minutes yesterday! I thought they were nuts. They were trying for 500 but gave up at 250 :mrgreen:

I did a bunch of upper arm/lean forward dips instead 8) 30 or so not 250! :roll:

Blairbob

geez.

kalel

slovenac, slusa se marija serifovic. :)

pozdrav.

Dan Jeong

thanks for the videos!

drvosjeca

nice... these videos look interesting and i sure am going to try some of these