Hi,
I've been doing a calf and shin routine for about two weeks (with fairly good results). A quick summary of what I do:
3 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off, etc.AM Workout (do 1 leg, then the other, then repeat for a toal of three times per leg)
1a Single leg hop with body weight for 10 reps + 5 seconds rest
1b Single leg standing calf raise for 3 x 5 with 5 seconds rest between each rep
2a 1 x 50 Shin raises
PM Workout
1a Standing double-leg body weight calf raise to failure
1b 50 standing double-leg body weight shin raises
1c Calf stretch for 2 x 30 seconds with each leg
2a 1 x 50 Shin raises
I'm considering switching to the "50 reps a day" Chad W. style of 50 single leg calf raises + 50 shin raises a day, but that's a bit aside the point. The thing is, I was looking at my lower leg and noticed that my "gastrocnemius" and "Soleus" muscles (see below) are not growing half as much the rest of my calf.
![]()
Are there are any variations that any of you would suggest to further the development of my gastrocnemius and Soleus?