I
'Liquid Steel™-ish-' Shoulder Mobility Video
Started by Indeep Jawanda, December 9, 2011 · 1 Replies · 3,159 Views
First exercise is active flexibility, which is necessary for HS, but this doesn't look like the best way to train it.
I don't like the first second exercise at all, it look pretty useless. If you're not flexible all it will do is push your neck forward.
Dislocates in various positions are a good addition to any practice, but there is no real need to complete the part of the motion that doesn't actually stretch (after the inlocation, proceed to dislocate rather than bringing the bar to your back to your hips)
I'm not sure why they repeat the same identical bent over stretch in a pike and a straddle though. It seems like they've misunderstood the intent of the stretch since they appear to accomplish the same exact thing, or perhaps I've misinterpreted it myself.
1:51 Looks interesting but I'm not sure what that accomplishes that a german hang/skin the cat doesn't though, possibly protect the elbows in weaker athetes? I'd be interested to try an isometric version of that horizontally with weights on my chest....
I'm also interested to try the active "almost-dislocates" with the wrist flexion/extension pumping to see if the varying tension adds to the stretch.
You'll find a lot of these exercises, both the shoulder and bridge work, explained in detail here around the forum.