I have not started doing these yet, but i am planning on starting on negatives on my next SSC. My question is, i always see people doing these with their legs in front of them almost like they are doing an l-sit. Is that nessicary, or is it better to try and steer clear of that?
one armed pull up
Started by Ian Legrow, December 5, 2011 · 2 Replies · 2,495 Views
IJL said:I have not started doing these yet, but i am planning on starting on negatives on my next SSC. My question is, i always see people doing these with their legs in front of them almost like they are doing an l-sit. Is that nessicary, or is it better to try and steer clear of that?
It makes it far easier because it allows you to maintain the balance. You CAN do it with your ankles crossed, and back (and even your non-working arm at the small of your back), but then you start twisting a lot, which makes the skill far harder (to pull effectively, you want the chest squared forward with One-arm Chins and to the side with One-arm Pulls... If you twist from that, it becomes significantly harder).
I say you do it. The skill is hard enough by itself that changing where your legs are will make little if any difference.
Thanks for your advice, I will use it come January 1st ![]()
-Ian