This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 111205

Started by Coach Sommer, December 5, 2011 · 4 Replies · 1,602 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 6 Tempo Assisted OAC (3 each arm)

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo PB HSPU

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Body Levers

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Chin/HSPU variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) NOTE: When scaling always adjust the difficulty of the FBE so that you will be able to maintain the correct tempo, sets and reps as designated in that day’s GB WOD.

3) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 133 for the basic strength sets. For the Assisted OACs, this equates to a 1 second ascent, followed by a 3 second pause at the top, then a 3 second descent. For each set perform 3 repetitions on the right arm and then switch to the left arm for 3 repetitions.

6) If PB HSPU are too difficult, scale down to a more appropriate HSPU or HeSPU variation.

7) Add weight to the ankles as necessary to make the Body Levers sufficiently challenging for the rx’d reps.

8 ) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Josh Schmitter

General WU

Wrist Routine

FSP Pre-req WU

WOD:3 sets each/rx'd rests

15s German Hang + 3 Tempo Chins

15s *L-sit Bent* + 5 Tempo Pike Pushups(1st step)

15s L-sit hang Bent + 5 Tempo Body Levers(Adv. Tuck)

10 BWW(5,5 focus on straight arms, only a few steps down wall)

Notes:

-Everything felt just right scaled today. Was almost or at failure at the last rep of the last set.

*Video'd my L-sit today, found my back is not straight at all, curved more in the mid to upper back and I'm not quite sure how to fix it. Going to scour the forum today, any feedback much appreciated.

blackmonster

Finished 3x sets of:

1x Embedded Tucked BL + 6x Tempo Assisted Wall PU

1x Embedded PB LSit + 5x Tempo HeSPU

1x Embedded Tucked FL + 5x Tempo Body Levers

Finished with 10x Bridge Wall Walks

Ran 4 miles after the workout.

I feel great!

Had to take a little break, but I am back. Put on 5 lbs because I let my exercise routine and diet lapse :-/ Gymnastics class is postponed until the beginning of next year so I will be doing these full time until then. The weight should hopefully fall off pretty quick.

Vincent Stoyas

Finished 2 sets of

Embedded GH + 1 Assisted Left Hand Chin up + 3 Tempo Chins. Following set, I used assisted Right hand Chin up

Adv Frog stand + 5 tempo HeSPU. Following round did 3 negative HSPU + 2 HeSPU

1 Embedded Tuck FL + 5 Tempo Body Levers

Finished with 5 HLL, 30 Mason twists, 5 PB Leg lifts (started in tuck and extended my legs out)

Forgot to do BWW =/. I think I'm about to do some stretching in a moment, so I'll include it there.

Finally figured out how I was doing pull ups wrong. I kept my body too loose, I simply wasn't keeping my shoulders pulled in tightly to me.

Ivan Uzarevic1

FSP Pre-req WU (3 rounds)

Shoulder routine

Did 3 rounds:

15s Tucked BL + 6 Tempo assisted OAC (3 on each arm; my assistance arm was very high due to the lack of strength)

15s Adv Frog stand + 5 Wall HSPu - partials (Tempo on this one was unfortunately compromised but I tried to do it in presribed time)

15s L-hang + 4 Tempo Body lever (negatives)

Finished with 1x10 BWW

notes: Think it would be better if I try to scale my bridge work next time..Iʹll put my feet higher on stall bar in order to promote shoulder stretch more...that hyper extension in my lower back that Iʹm experiencing durin BWW feels strange..is that good idea or??